Monday, April 2, 2012

Miss Minnesota Workshop/ Outstanding Teen

This past Saturday we had our contestant workshop. This is a day where we get meet all of the local titleholders, find out roommate pairings, contestant order and attend Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen. To make roommate pairings and contestant order fair, they draw our names from a bowl. I am so happy with the way that everything turned out! I will be spending my week of Miss Minnesota with Niila Witikko, Miss Minneapolis. I am so excited to get to know her better, as we already have many similarities! I chose to be contestant number 3, meaning that I will take part in the lifestyle and fitness and evening gown competitions on Thursday night of prelims and talent and on-stage question on Friday night. Saturday was also a sad day, as we said our goodbyes to our amazing board of directors. They will truly be missed and always in our hearts, but they reassured us that they will all be in the audience watching. With those goodbyes came hellos as we welcomed our new co-executive directors, Bruce Vassar and Dorthy Benham. I am so excited to see what they have in store for us!
Megan Bakken and I at contestant workshop
Bethany Beniek and I at contestant workshop
In the evening all of the local titleholders attended the Teen pageant. It was such an amazing group of girls, and all of them did so well! I am honored to announce that our new Teen is Bailey Wacholz. Bailey was Miss Brainerd Lakes Outstanding Teen and has been working so hard for this title since she was 13! All of her hard work finally paid off, as she did an amazing job in all areas of the competition. It was also a pleasure to watch my own teen, Maren, compete. She is so full of energy when she is on that stage!
All of the local titleholders with the new Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen, Bailey Wacholz
Bailey and I after the pageant
Maren, Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment